Recipe for artichoke pasta salad in our easy vegetarian recipes collection.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, quartered, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 pound pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2, 6 ounces, jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces cooked broccoli, chopped
- 20 to 25 salt-cured black olives, stoned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to make artichoke pasta salad
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the red pepper and onion and cook over a low heat until just soft, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds, then set aside.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet until al dente.
- Drain, rinse with hot water, then drain again.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Add the artichokes, broccoli, olives, parsley, onion mixture and remaining oil to the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Leave to stand for at least 1 hour before serving or chill overnight.
- Serve the salad at room temperature.